Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Regrounded

First, thanks to everyone who has given me kind words and support lately. I really appreciate it, truly. As some have found out by way of Torn Pages, I am getting a divorce. Its not the ugly, cruel type but the accepting, caring type. He is my best friend, I am his...we just don't make a good spouse for each other. We don't disregard the wonderful times together...we just know that there is more to a marriage than good times. It's confusing and strange sometimes, the social standard of divorce is not something we hold ourselves to. We both love and care for each other very much, too much to hurt the other person. I've decided that if anyone would ever have to go through it, this is the way it should be. Considering the person you met, not necessarily the person they may have turned into.

The other day I was at work and a man came in, asking to look at the ugliest, nastiest snake we had. After asking why, he said that he merely wanted to take a picture of it with his phone. He explained that he was getting a divorce and wanted to take the picture and make it so that when his soon to be exwife called, this picture would show up. He chuckled at his sad little joke and I had to excuse myself from the situation. The childish cruelty of it made me so upset. I came home that night with a new appreciation for SC. He has never been cruel, or mean, or vicious through this. He has been my friend, supporting me through this, being the same person he has always been. I care for him so much and I'm so happy to say that there are good things waiting for him in the future. And when those good things happen, I'm glad that I can say that I will be cheering him on, continuing to be his friend.

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

that truly is awesome. i am inspired by your thoughtfulness of one another. i think a lot of people could learn from you both.

take good care.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger sue said...

I love you, I love you both. I'm so very proud of both of you. I see only good things in both your futures. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I agree and applaud the way you both are handling the situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home