Monday, July 25, 2005

Toto is a spaz...


...among other things. But let's not jump the gun here. I, myself, am fairly normal. I'm a recent transplant from Iowa to Kansas City. I lived in Iowa my whole life, enjoyed it, didn't have much of a wanderlust (save a 2 year fascination with Arizona). After recently getting married, however, I was pulled from the motherland to KC. And so here we are...my ramblings available for your enjoyment. Not all pertain to my relocation, it just happened to be a catalyst (That and my mother's convincing that blogs would be another way of staying connected).
As far as the whole Dorothy-Toto thing, I grew up breathing the Wizard of Oz. I blame any skewed sense of reality on that film alone. At any rate, I find it an apt parallel. I'm taken from home to a place I'm a little overwhelmed by. Toto, my faithful companion, happens to be a wildeyed ShihTzu with multiple personalities (her formal title is Bug). After all the adventure and sparkle of the foreign land, all I want to do is find my way back home. And lastly, I am accompanied by (and married) the Scarecrow*. The only difference is that Dorothy wants to get back to Kansas and in that regard I'm NotDorothy. That and she's trying to get to her Auntie Em, I'm Em and that would mean I'm trying to get back to myself...the metaphor goes a little too deep there for me. So at any rate, there's the backstory. Oh yeah, the little *. Scarecrow is a fairly appropriate title for the guy. He's tall, skinny, and has a habit of acting a little goofy. The "doesn't have a brain" part is still in debate. But I'm sure every newlywed has had that conversation with themselves.
Welcome to Oz!

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger sue said...

Welcome to BlogWorld... I look forward to the journey. Lots of Love...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home